Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Best lunch date

I don't remember if I've explained my weekly schedule yet, but as it is now, Layla has daycare on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Which means Tuesdays and Thursdays we're at home. Sometimes I feel like Tuesdays and Thursdays are harder than the rest of the week because I'm alone and tend to get more exhausted. Sometimes, when things pile up, like work, cleaning, dishes, diapers, I will decide to just get out of the apartment because if I don't do it then, we will have spent the entire day indoors. And that's generally depressing.
So we walked over the little sandwich shop in our apartment complex. There's a nice water fountain there that Layla loves, and plenty of grass for her to walk and crawl in. It trips me out still that I can order food and share it with her and don't have to pack jars of baby food. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with avocado and sun dried tomato, which we both love. The thing is that she eats so much these days that when I share a sandwich with her, I'm always hungry afterwards because I don't get enough to eat. But I love that she does eat. It also comes with a fruit salad which I have to hide from her because if she sees fruit, she won't eat the food. So she ate almost half of the sandwich, not including the bread because the ciabatta was a little tough for her.

Then she played a little soccer in the grass. When she's walking and comes across a ball on the ground, she'll always kick it and not bend down to get it. That's Cary's World Cup training.
Game face.
As exhausting as Tuesdays and Thursdays can get, I'm so grateful to have them with her. I'll probably have to go back to work full time in October or November. The time I spend with her is always time spent in the moment. You're either fully immersed in Layla, or trying to get work and chores done in a hurry to get to be fully immersed in Layla. Totally life altering. I want to eat her little face.

No comments: