Thursday, September 16, 2010

Regulating?

Today I had one of those few moments where I felt like I wasn't being tossed around like a rag doll in the drier. I woke up to the sound of Layla playing in her crib, which she slept in all night without waking up. That hasn't happened in a while. Then I got up and put her in bed with Cary and a bottle of milk and let them play watch Sesame Street while I finally got my medical expense records together from last year so I could submit them for Flexible Spending Account reimbursement. It's been on my To-Do list for a whole year. Then I made Layla breakfast and watched her eat 1 1/2 egg yolks, a hunk of cheese, a piece of toast, and 20 grapes. She would have eaten more grapes if I had given them to her. It's like baby crack. I let her play on the new alphabet rubber mat with all of her toys and chased her little till she got sleepy. Put her down for a nap by 10. Got on the computer, finished FSA stuff, responded to work emails, showered (whoa!), did some more work, and then Layla woke up at about 11:45. Longer than usual. I gave her some snacks, got her changed and dressed, tossed her in the stroller and we walked over to the Grove. Bought my neighbor a baby gift. We went to Cheesecake Factory and I ordered Layla sliders off of the kids menu. She sat on my lap and ate some broccoli, burger, bread, banana and didn't make too much of a fuss while I gobbled down a few bites of my lunch. That's the first time I've gone to a restaurant with Layla alone, I think. It usually is a two-man job. But she did really well. Then we went over to Barnes and Noble kid's section so Layla could wander around knocking books off the shelf while I chased her around and put the books back where they belonged. She loves the kid's book section though. Then I got myself a spiced pumpkin latte at Starbucks and tried to put Layla back in her stroller, that was a challenge though since my stroller's cup holder broke and holding a baby and hot drink, and navigating a stroller doesn't work unless you have 3 arms. She finally chilled out, sat in her stroller, and we walked back home just in time for Layla to take a nap in her crib. Which is why I have time to yippity yap on the computer. Woo hoo! I'm going to back blog about Saturday now...unless Layla wakes up.

If I could get a couple of days like this a week, I think my sanity might actually come out of hiding. I'm not asking for much, just simplicity and less exhaustion, a little regularity. Until then, .......sigh.......

No comments: