Sunday, April 25, 2010

8 months and 5 days

I just wrote a whole post, and Google or Blogspot or whoever decided to not post it or save a draft. Eff.

Basically I just wanted to make note of a major milestone of Layla's. About 30 minutes ago, I peaked at her baby monitor to find Layla sitting up in her crib staring back at me. Yup, little girl can sit up on her own. We were so excited that Cary and I busted into the room and hugged and cuddled her, which didn't help her go back to sleep. Her diaper leaked, so she needed a change anyway. I think we need to upgrade to size 4 diapers. She had her 8 month doctors appointment on Friday. 18lbs, 27 3/4 inches, head grew another inch. She's on target or ahead in every department. Doc was happy with her. Gave us the go ahead to have her try chicken and finger foods. I bought free range, organic, grain fed, locally raised, never freezed, air chilled, fresh chicken from Whole Foods and boiled then pureed it. She didn't care for it so I mashed in some mango and banana. Still wasn't loving it. I need to work on my chicken recipes.

I think that's the jist of what I wrote the first time I posted. I'm tired now. Working on getting Layla's first passport. More on that later...

No comments: