Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday driving

I finally got a new car. I can't believe I didn't even write about it. I love it, it's a small SUV. Since we haven't really been going anywhere, other than the Grove, we decided to try a new breakfast spot as an excuse to (1) get out of the house, (2) drive somewhere in the new car, (3) dress Layla up in a new outfit.Here's Layla bug dressed in her ladybug ensemble. Daddy picked this out.
We went to Grub which is a little towards the east side just south of Sunset Blvd. They bring a bowl of fruit loops and coco puffs as table nibbles. I mowed through it and felt icky. I got the croissant french toast with strawberry butter. Salright. Cary got an omelet with chicken sausage and peppers. The people were super nice and we got there just before the 10am rush. The people sitting behind me were ooohing and aaahing over Layla and her cutesie outfit.


Then we decided to take a ride around Silver Lake and Echo Park. We're considering different neighborhoods as far as where we'll buy our first home. My commute to Pasadena is less than desirable with Layla. She doesn't care for riding in her rear-facing car seat when there is no one in the backseat to keep her company. I don't blame her.
After driving around for the east side, I pulled over to nurse Layla and she didn't want to sit in her cars eat after that. So we headed home. Made a pit stop at Mashti Malone's for some Akbar Mashti . We both got a rosewater and pistachio on wafer sandwich. It was deeelicious. We talked about how when we were still just dating, Cary lived right behind Mashti Malone's. We never came here when he lived around the corner. For 3 years, not one visit. I bought a hand packed poppy seed sorbet and we headed home. It was a lovely family day.

Then Grandpa came over and gave Layla her second serving of rice cereal. She loved it even more the second time. It's so much fun to watch her gobble down her food. My little fatty, bezan be takhteh.

No comments: