Friday, February 19, 2010

Poop

This is one of the few actual real time posts that I've written. It really is February 19 at 11:43 as it states on this post's time stamp. Normally I post after the fact and date the post accordingly. It's been really hard to post on everything I would like to. After a few weeks, if I don't have pictures of a certain event, I forget that anything happened.

So I just wanted to hop on here and scribble down everything that is going on so I can remember it years from now....

Tomorrow (in 15 minutes) Layla will be 6 months old..... wow...... Everyone said it would fly by. I gotta say, everyone was wrong. It has not flown by. It has crawled by. In large part due to the fact that I have yet to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning like a normal person. Then there is the fact that Layla started daycare on January 5th and I started going to work on a more regular basis. I haven't even blogged about that. She's in daycare on Tuesday and Thursdays. That was a challenge, but I'm glad I did it. Both for her and for me. But going back to work has been hard. I'm so far behind on work and emails (about 1000 unread, between all of my email accounts), that every time I get to work all I can do is just chip away. Then I have to deal with the basic stuff that wasn't hard before, but is really challenging now. Like showering, laundry, doing the dishes, taking care of bills, cleaning, cooking, shopping, getting gifts, remembering birthdays, remembering anything beyond Layla. One perk is that I have lost all of my pregnancy weight and 5 more lbs. On the other hand I'm in desperate need of a hair cut, mani-pedi, and a teeth cleaning. My hair is a foot longer than it was 6 months ago. My toes are crazy looking, caveman like. I'm sure I have cavities.

Layla has started eating solids, so we've experienced our first bout of constipation. Today she managed to paint her diaper from front to back. It was the biggest poop ever. I mean EVER! She made that diaper earn it's keep. She hadn't pooped since Tuesday, so I was super excited when she started pushing with all her might and I felt her pants get warm. That's right, poop makes me happy. I can't even explain how happy I was over it. My mom told me to calm down, that's how excited I was. I called Cary to let him know she pooped. I'm dedicating this blog post to her poop.

I love being a mommy. But this is hard. I mean really hard. I mean, think of the hardest thing you've ever known, and then make it harder than you know how to make it. Man I love this little squirt. She's awesome. She's rolling over, and learning that she can change the tone and volume of her voice, and laughing and trying to imitate sounds, and thrashing and swiping at my food or drink, and making the cutest frog like toothless smiles that I just want to die because I love her so much.

Despite all of that, I'm in dire need of a break. I need a break by myself, I need a break with Cary, I need a break with my girlfriends. I'm begining to realize that I may never catch up on the things I need to catch up on. I just have to pick and choose what gets done and leave the rest behind me.

Looks like this is all I'll get to write tonight. Layla has woken up again since I put her down around 7pm. Normally she'll stay down longer, but I think her tummy is so empty from pooping like a champ that she wants to drink more milk. Cary's trying to sooth her. This kid can SCREAM. I better go now.

No comments: