Monday, May 18, 2009

Pass!!

This morning I got the email from the Groundlings stating "YOUR RESULTS: Pass (Eligible for Basic Level One)"!!! I started jumping up and down at work and Aunty Zarin was worried I was hurting the baby (so was I) so I stopped. I was so happy and then instantly nervous again to find out if Cary passed (even though he did a much better job auditioning than I did, but I wanted him to pass more than I wanted me to pass). So I keep calling and he doesn't pick up. Finally he calls and says he passed -yay!!!! We are so happy!!

Cary sent an email to our 3 friends to see if we were 5 for 5. We were shocked and sad to find out that two of our friends, who did an amazing job (better than me), did not pass. The auditioner doesn't give you feedback, so I have no idea why I made it and they didn't. It's really bittersweet. Ultimately, I really wanted Cary to make it in so he can advance in the writing ranks. It's just frosting on the cake that I made it. But so so bittersweet that the five of us are not moving on together. We plan to keep in touch with everyone anyway, but it would have been nice to be able to see each other on a regular basis during classes. That and I really wanted us all to be celebrating together.

I don't know how actors do it. If I had to audition on a regular basis, I would not last long at all. It is so unnerving. Just knowing that my friends didn't pass is heart wrenching.

For now, we'll just take it a day at a time, a class at a time, and enjoy it. I feel Cary and my little family has grown in the Groundlings together. We signed up for the first class before I knew I was pregnant (I was barely 3 weeks along) and I've been pregnant through out this whole experience. I'm so happy that baby girl has been kicking away through out this experience. She's already a part of our life before we become parents.

No comments: