Wednesday, May 20, 2009

26 weeks and counting...

Today marks my 26th week of pregnancy. This is the last week of my 2nd trimester. I can't believe how fast it has all gone by.

I had my monthly doctors appointment yesterday. When the doc measured my uterus, using a measuring tape, and feeling above my belly button to see where my uterus extended to, she said (judging by the size of my uterus) that I've got a big baby growing in there. I was in kind of a daze because I had taken the glucose blood test earlier and had fasted for 12 hours. The "big baby" observation didn't sink in till later that night. I forgot to mention it to anyone at work or to Cary. But when I told Cary last night, we were both really happy to know she's growing so well. Probably explains why I weigh 159 lbs already and why someone thought I was 8 months pregnant instead of 6...

1 comment:

Jennifer van Wijk said...

Nice! I often joked that I did not quite make it to 200 pounds because Lily arrived two weeks early. So weird to watch what happens to your own body, but SO absolutely worth every moment (and stretch mark!)