All in all, this has been a priceless experience. I'm not sure how to explain what practical skills I've learned, but I've definitely learned things about myself that I may not have otherwise. Maybe I've gained a little confidence, maybe I've exercised my creative mental abilities that would have otherwise gone unused. Bottom line is that I had a blast and I got to do it all while I was pregnant. Someday, I hope that little girl will read this and know that I was thrilled to include her in this special and unique part of my life. I'm a little worried that when she leaves my body, I will lose some of what I absorbed during the class. If she gains every ounce of it, I will be thrilled.
After class we walked over to the Groundlings theater and Cary asked if they had any results from the audition. Apparently the lady behind the desk asked if any one of us had submitted a "weird headshot" (we had to submit a headshot and resume when we auditioned). I didn't have a head shot, so I used a picture of Cary and I, and put 5 post-it notes over Cary's head and body because it was a really nice picture and I didn't want to cut the photo in half. Cary used a picture where I was kissing him on the cheek....and he cropped me out of the picture!!! That's much more cruel, if you ask me. I thought for sure that since she remembered my "weird headshot", that she was hesitant to tell us who was in and who was out because the person with the weird headshot was out. I am totally sweating it!!
After class, with some post-audition-dazed feeling, Cary and I drove to Skye Taco on Pico for some lunch. The turkey tacos are the best!! And they have this drink called sorrel that is sooo good! They serve their sorrel and lemonades in a mason jar, which I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment