Monday, July 28, 2008

Katsuya (not Hamasaku)

I had a dinner date with Parima and Natalie Friday night. So I pull up to the driveway and ask the valet guys if I can park myself. He asks where I'm going, to which I reply Katsuya, to which he responds don't you mean Hamasaku, to which I respond oh crap I'm at the wrong restaurant. As embarrassed as I was, it was too funny to not admit my airheaded-ness to the girls.
I like Katsuya. Modern decor. Pretty people. Yummy food. And on top of it, I had great company. This is the crispy rice tuna, with shishito peppers in the background. One day, I want to make my own crispy rice tuna. It's a little rectangular cube of rice that is crispy on the top and bottom (like tadik), then they prepare some sort of tuna tartar mix and put it on top of the rice and a slice of jalapeno on top. It's a perfect combination of textures and flavors. Almost every sushi place makes it these days.
Carpaccio, I think of yellow tail. Not 100% sure, but isn't this a pretty platter?
Thanks, ladies! I had a great time. Remeber, what was said at Katsuya, stays at Katsuya (or Hamasaku if you prefer).

And yes, this is the same dress I wore at the beach the day before.

No comments: