Sunday, January 13, 2008

I didn't even have to use my AK....

I gotta say, it was a good day.

I feel like such a yuppie for opening this post with gangsta lyrics and then telling you what I really did today. Whatever, I got my grub on but didn't pig out.

Cary and I signed up for a drawing class at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art). Today was our first one and I am so glad Cary thought to do this. We both had such a great experience, mainly because of our wonderful teacher. I will scan or snap a quick photo of our first drawings and post them later today. I'll try to post our sketches from each class on the Sunday that we do them from now on so we can track our (hopeful) improvement.

This one is my sketch. (I will post the name of the marble statue we sketched in my next post about our class) The one below is Cary's sketch. We were sitting on opposite sides of the marble sculpture.
And on the educational tip, I am still trying to learn all the functions and features of my new iPhone. I took my first real picture with the phone's camera and emailed it to myself.

I took this outside of my bedroom window at about 6 in the morning a few days ago. I love this time of year because the position of the earth vs sun makes it just right for a blood-red sunrise every morning for the next couple of months or so. This is a mild pink sunrise. I will post better ones soon.

As far as the iPhone camera, the quality is much better than my old phone. I do have a complaint that the pictures don't have a time stamp as far as I can tell. I really count on that information for organizing the hundreds of pictures I've taken of Sheila (no exaggeration) with my main camera. Plus it would have been nice to know exactly what time in the morning the sun looks like this.

After our drawing class, Cary and I went to the Grove for lunch at the Farmer's Market. Here is another picture taken with my iPhone this time of Cary at the Grove.

The Grove and the Farmer's Market are 2 of my top favorite places on earth and I'm so lucky to be able to walk across the street from my apartment to get there. Did I mention we walked to art class at LACMA too? And after the Grove we went to watch a Groundlings improv comedy show on Melrose up the street.

...even saw the lights on the good year blimp...

1 comment:

Parima said...

man, you guys can draw. I am soooo impressed. wow! Thanks for sharing.