Monday, January 14, 2008

Cyrus the Great

In an effort to see the completion of the documentary film "In Search of Cyrus the Great", there is a fundraiser being held on January 26th at UCLA. My cousin, Cyrus Kar, along with my whole family and many of our friends have invested blood, sweat, tears, money, and time in seeing this project's completion.



For more information, please go to the website below where you can read about Cyrus the Great and his influence on the United States constitution, my cousin Cyrus Kar who was thrown in Abu Gharib while filming this documentary, and how to attend the fundraiser or how to make a tax-deductable donation to this important project.

http://www.spentaproductions.com/UCLA_Cyrus_the_great.htm


I could write volumes about the story behind my cousin's efforts and ordeals in getting this film made. It's one of the most important stories you've probably never heard of because it involves a first hand experience of the injustices the US government is enforcing in Iraq and in here in the US. Since the only people reading this blog at this time are my friends and family and probably already know about the whole episode, I won't go into it. But if someone comes across this blog and wants to hear the whole schpeel, leave a comment and I'll be happy to fill you in.

On a separate note, I'd like to send a shout out to my cousin Marjon on her birthday.

Peace.

No comments: