...here you go. A post just for you.
So why have I not posted even once in 2011? I mean Layla is FINALLY sleeping through the night, sort of, knock on wood. She has slept through the night about 10 of the last 14 days. Yes, being able to sleep again is all I ever dreamt it would be.
The reason why I think that she's sleeping through the night, and why I don't get to blog, is because she is going to daycare 5 days a week. It's more of a consistent routine. I think the regular routine, and the fact that they do so many activities with Layla till she's tuckered out at the end of the day, is why she's been sleeping well. BUT, just when I thought things were going peachy, she started a new class yesterday. Her new teacher is great, super smiley, nice, happy, enthusiastic, but Layla shows some separation anxiety for the first time. Ugh!! It's heart breaking. She cried big tears as I handed her off to her teacher today.
So I'm sitting at our office, which I go to 5 full days a week now, writing this post when I should be responding to work emails, because now that I am at work 5 days a week, there's even more work to do - go figure! Because Shahrzad and Lily posted on my Facebook that I need to change the name of my blog to the Ruby Quarterly, I felt compelled to post. True, I have been lagging. Last week, for example, I went to mom's house every night after work, fed Layla, then got home by 8 and put her to bed and passed out early myself. Weekends I spend every available minute looking for a home to rent or buy (long shot). So there really is no time, unless I do it at work, which I can't justify the time spent because I've started to go jog/walking at the Rose Bowl during lunch and that takes up any "spare"-like time.
Not only have I not blogged, but I barely talked to or saw any friends in January. I went out on the town with Megan and Jenny for Jenny's birthday a couple of Saturdays ago. We hit a bunch of bars, drank, danced, played pool, made the DJ play our songs, and took a cab back home. Going out now in our later 30's is way different then it was 10 years ago. Or even 5 years ago. I don't have the stamina for one, to stay awake, or drink fast enough to not make me sleepy (truth be told, I barely got buzzed before I got tired and wanted to take a nap). At least I didn't get sick (and I'll leave it at that). Two, I don't like the way clubbers dress in too short dresses without the body to go in them, yuk. There's junk in the trunk, on the dashboard, in the cupholders, basically the club goers are junk on wheels. The crowd was a lot less appealing (then back in the day), which sounds snobby, because it is, but I like to people watch the beautiful people when I finally get the hoseleh to go out. C, there's this constant nag in the back of my head wondering if we all look like cougars while out on the town. I don't think we're old enough to be cougars, but we're older than everyone else, or so it seems. I feel like my age group is this no man's land, we don't go out much and are underrepresented on the scene. I don't know why that bothers me. We were convinced this adorable bartender that was giving us attention and shots had to be in his twenties. And that was kind of depressing for some reason. Turns out he was our age (we asked). The bouncer at the door, looked 30 ish, was in his 40's (showed me his drivers license). Who knew?! So maybe there were more in our age group than I had assumed, but we do such a good job that you can't tell.
Are you so glad that you gave me a hard time to post, or what? On a side note, I now have 19 followers. God love you all, but why would you want to read my blog? It USED to be fun to read, but I'm afraid I've lost some of my spunk. Maybe once I get a few more full nights of sleep I'll get back to spunky. Until then, bye.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sending fan <3! Thaks for sharing, please visit my blog if you get a chance!
i like it ... check out my blog
www.wisconsinale.blogspot.com
Post a Comment