Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trying to remember all the good stuff

I recently went back and read the few posts I've written since a year ago. It made me so happy to read about all of the details that I would have forgotten had I not been blogging. It also made me sad that I had probably left out and forgotten so many little tidbits since I have been blogging so much less since I got pregnant.

Layla is now 10 months and 9 days old. She is crawling like a champ and can pull herself up and sit back down as if she's been doing it her whole life. She is very verbal. If I had to take a guess I'd say her first word will be JoJo. She loves him, he makes her smile and squeal and kick. Whenever we go to mom and dad's she looks for JoJo. Then she starts saying Djoh! Djoh! Djoh! She loves to make clucking sounds and imitates me when I cough.

She loves to feed herself food like cubes of fruit, cheese, crackers. She loves puffs. She had her first hamburger at the Burger Kitchen on Sunday. Cut into tiny pieces of course. She's got 6 tiny teeth, 4 on top and two on the bottom, and she loves putting them to use. She loves to eat and I love to feed her and watch her enjoy food. I didn't know it could be so fun.

In the morning she wakes up and makes a couple of whiny cries, then she laughs and giggles and entertains herself till I come and scoop her out of her crib and bring her to our bed. I make a bottle and give it to her and she feeds herself in our bed while we get 5 more minutes of shut-eye. Recently, we'll let her watch Sesame Street. Cary downloaded a couple of Sesame Street apps for her. We're taking our first plane trip and hoping that it will keep her busy.

She had her 10 month appointment last week and was 19.6 lbs, and 29 inches tall. Pretty soon she'll be eligible for a forward-facing car seat. Though I plan to keep her in the one she has as long as possible since they are safer.

She is such a joy in everyone's life. I just wanted to make sure I wrote a little about what she's doing so I wouldn't forget. Tonight she hugged me around my neck for the first time, and held it for 5 seconds. Then she pulled away and put her face right in mine and smiled at me, like she knew what she had just done was the best 5 seconds of my entire life. She makes me grateful for everything. She makes me remember to live in the moment and appreciate all that is good and right.

No comments: