Friday, February 26, 2010

New Tooth!!!


Layla has been thrashing at her face with her razor like finger nails. She rubs her mouth vigorously across my and Cary's shoulder. She'll latch on to, and gnaw on my chin. She's developed a rash across her cheeks and neck. Today, finally, she has something to show for it. I stuck my finger in her mouth in an attempt to put a teething tablet under her tongue and felt the sharp ridges of her first tooth!! I didn't think I would get as excited as I did. I actually got a little teary eyed. My little baby's growing up.

She's done plenty of other things that are developmental milestones. She can sit up on her own and not tip over. She can almost put her pacifier back in her mouth (crooked). She rolls over and back. She recognizes Cary and me. She can scoot while on her belly, like she's doing the breast stroke. She makes tons of sounds with her mouth and voice. But the new tooth is the one that got me choked up.

I should also mention that she had her very first taste of a vegetable today. Peas. Major milestone. She seemed to like it. I didn't realize that with peas comes green spit up. I had to change my clothes twice today.

We spent the day running errands for Parima's wedding tomorrow. She did not want to be in the stroller, so I had to hold her. She is totally comfortable on my hip. Not very easy to handle a baby and shopping bags. I also tried on a couple dresses with Layla in the dressing room, for the very first time. Didn't work out so well. She had a tantrum. Not sure how a 6 month old knows how to throw a tantrum, but she's passed that milestone and then some. Needless to say, it was a challenge. I ended up buying the dress. A personal milestone.

2 comments:

Jennifer van Wijk said...

Oooo....get a hip sling! It was the best thing ever when Lily did not want to be put in her stroller. I even vacuumed the house with her strapped on to my hip in that thing!
Layla is absolutely precious, by the way. Her big blue eyes and dark hair remind me so much of my own little angel at that age!

Myra said...

What a super-cute picture! :)