Wednesday, March 18, 2009
First headbutt, I think?
While sitting at home, chillin' on the couch , I realized something is going on in my tummy. It's different from stomach rumblings or gas, and more central and in the same general area in my stomach. So I put my hand on my tummy, and I'm almost sure I felt a headbutt. It was too large a movement to be a hand, foot, or limb, especially since the limbs are still so little and the baby's bones are still soft like cartilage. It was a distinct movement against my hand, and then it was gone. So it wasn't my pulse which is what I mostly feel, I can take my pulse anywhere on my abdomen, it seems. Amazing how something so small can make me so completely happy. Jumping up and down happy, which can't be good for the baby. So I stopped jumping and just laugh like a dork.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Katy, CONGRATS!! The movements are SO cool (until the little one decides to focus all efforts on the tiny space under your ribcage.) I'm so happy for you...this is a wonderful experience!
Thank you! I'm enjoying this part, much better than the first trimester. Can't wait to have a little Lily of my own :-).
Post a Comment