Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What the huh?!

Possibly the weirdest thing that I've ever been asked, was asked today. I had my montly doctor's visit and am 4 months pregnant now. I'm pretty sure I actually look pregnant and not fat or bloated. Feeling all glowy, I wore a sweater that hugged my belly's curves and walked around proud of my rotundness.

I walked into Border's book store at the Century City mall today. Out of no where this chubby, long haired, tatooed guy comes up to me and starts showering me with compliments. "Oh my God, you are just gorgeous. I've never seen anyone as beautiful as you. I just can't believe how gorgeous you are. I have some methamphetamines. Do you want want to get together and party?" as he motions towards the door, like I'd really turn around and walk out of the book store with him. I let him know I'm 4 months pregnant and that its probably not a good idea, trying not to crack up to much. He says he couldn't even tell I was pregnant and continued with the shower of compliment, then turned and walked away.

I continued to walk in a circle around the same isle of books over and over, in a daze, wondering if that really did happen. Then I noticed that my friend was sitting down at the coffee shop area of the bookstore, drinking a coffee and flipping through a magazine. You'd think he'd want to get out of there in case I called the cops on him or something. Apparently he didn't think I was a narc. Good stuff.

No comments: