Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend in Bay Area

We drove up north for a wedding on Saturday. As with most weekend road trips up north, we stopped for lunch at In-and-Out burger. Doesn't Cary look like he's dancing and singing to "If you wanna be starting something" by Michael Jackson? Actually, he's just asking where's the ketchup.

For those of you who know me, its a little known fact that I have a *moderate* fear of heights. When Cary booked our hotel on the 19th floor of the Westin St. Francis and asked me ten time if I would be OK with the height, I said yes. I knew it would be hard, but I'm so tired of my (many stupid) phobias. He also mentioned that the elevators were glass, to which I replied that's fine (ha!).
It really wasn't fine the first time we rode the elevator. I had to press myself against the door, as far from the glass part of the elevator. Just the blurred reflection of San Francisco skyline on the elevator doors freaked me out enough that my palms and feet were sweaty by the time we got to the 19th floor, and that was without ever looking out of the glass elevator, my back was to it. This video was taken after I had gone up and down a few times and was a lot more relaxed.
I ask Cary, "Are you ready to get on the elevator?" To which he replies, "Are you ready to not grip the walls?"
Yeah, I grip walls. What of it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched this video clip with Sheila. As soon as the squealing began she said, "Katy! Katy! Sounds like Katy!" Now she’s saying, “Put on Katy again.” I guess I’ll replay the clip now.