Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chelo Kabob for Lunch

I had lunch at this easy to miss, hole in the wall in Glendale off of San Fernando called California Dreams. We went for the aub-goosht and have heard its the best. Mom, Dad, Momanjoon, Sheila, and Shashar were already there and had ordered kabob, polo, roasted peppers and tomatoes, and other good stuff. They bring the food out family style, so we pile whatever we want on our plates. Everyone is really nice there. We would have never heard about this place if my dad's friend hadn't told us.
Here is some eggplant, masto-kheeyar, salad Shirazi. The red onions on the far left were unusually really good. They were sweet and sort of juicy for an onion, and didn't leave a strong onion smell on your breath. Really fresh.
Miss Sheila was as adorable as ever. I hadn't seen her in a week and she came running up to the door when I walked in and gave me a hug and a kiss. She kisses like a baby bird, its very sweet.
Mom tried to wrestle Sheila to get her under control, but the truth is Sheila rules in this family. Whenever we try to tell her to be still, or sit down, or eat your food, she resists and then does something funny or cute, and we can't help but to laugh or adore her. I don't know if we're in more trouble, or she's in more trouble.

No comments: