I'm sad to say that I didn't get to experience Lisbon the way I would have liked to. But I'm glad I got to at least get a small taste of it. After we finished work on our last day, we went to the local restaurant of a colleague's cousin. Dad had been to this restaurant 4 years ago and had mentioned its a must-do thing while I was there. So I'm glad I was able to go.

This is the name of the restaurant. If you try to pronounce it as its written, you'll probably get it wrong. Portuguese is a very interesting and unusual language. It plays tricks on your eyes and ears.

I remember this tasting so good since I hadn't really eaten too many things recently. The cheese was soft and tangy, and the bread it came with was really good. I remember tasting the salt in the salami because I hadn't had too much salt recently (except maybe the tarts earlier) and it was so satisfying.

Here's my dish. I got the duradao. It was really good, but so full of bones. Really fresh. I was only able to eat half because I ate so much bread, cheese, salami before hand. Plus because I had to spend so much time on the bones, my brain let my tummy know I was full before I wanted to stop eating. Probably cuz my stomach shrank from not eating too much recently. I hate that.

I got to taste the special of the day which was polvo (octopus). So tender, not rubbery at all.

Sign outside the restaurant, and the street it was on. Lots of character.


This little guy came out to let us know that he had his eye on us, in case we wanted to dine and dash.
This has nothing to do with no one, but as I waited on the tarmac for the shuttle bus to take me 20 yards away on the other side of the tarmac to board our plane, I saw this easyJet.com plane. There's just no way I could fly an airline with dot com in it's name. I already have issues flying on planes of airlines with real names.
So I'm back home and I've got to say that its damn good to be home. So so happy to be home. Home home home. I love home.
No comments:
Post a Comment