Friday, April 25, 2008

Kissing Cousins

Last night I went to the Arclight to see the screening of the movie Kissing Cousins. Written, Directed, and Produced by my friend Amyn Kaderali, it's his first feature film. I bet it feels awesome to see your movie's name in lights at the Arclight:

If you go here you can watch the trailer.

Here's Amyn (holding the mic.) with some of the cast and crew. The movie included David Alan Grier and Jaleel White, as well as my favorite Gerry Bednob (40 Year Old Virgin). I wanted to go up to Gerry and say "Remember that one scene from 40 Year Old Virgin where you talk about the Cincinnati Bow Tie and the Dirty Sanchez? That was awesome."

Overall, I'm so totally impressed with Amyn and everyone involved in this picture. This is an independent film that required financing from everyone and anyone that would pitch in, and that is a major feat on its own. Not to mention the part where you actually write, and then shoot and direct, and then edit, and then promote the movie. The movie was a really cute, funny, romantic comedy. I won't give away the story, but its set in LA and SF and has a lot of funny scenes. They shot the whole movie in 18 days which is pretty amazing considering how many scenes and the large cast involved. The screening was for the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles and other movies were showing. After the movie, you had to cast your ballot. Here's Vicky making sure that she marked her ballot correctly.Here's Willy showing his support. Cary, Alan, and John all went to UCLA with Amyn and were supportive investors in his movie. Everyone was so excited and happy for him. We're all waiting for him to win his first Oscar.

I have to mention that last year my uncle just randomly emailed me a link to a short 12 minute movie. It happened to be Amyn's short film called Call Center. I was so excited that his short film had made its rounds across the Internet and made it to my uncle who forwarded it to me and all of his friends, especially since he doesn't even know Amyn. Definitely check out Call Center, its really funny. Also check out Take the "A" Train, another short film by Amyn, set in NYC. I saw this at a screening a few years ago and thought it was so funny. I plan to watch the other shorts on his website too, so should you!

No comments: