Friday, January 25, 2008

The Big 37 minus 1

Last night I went to Manhattan Beach and had dinner at Mucho, a gourmet style Mexican joint. So good! I was celebrating my friend Sheila's Birthday. Here is the lovely Sheila Shig with her churro birthday dessert. deeelicious.
Sheila gave herself the best birthday present. In the middle of dinner she realized that she wasn't 37, but she was 36! We all had a good chortle over it.


This shot was taken a minute after she figured it all out.

Here's me, Megan and Sheila above. We all went to UCR together and lived in the same apartment complex - The Crest. Megan and Sheila were both Gamma Phi's, but I still let them be my friend.

Here are Sheila's best girlfriends from high school, Lennie (6 months pregnant), Lulu (10 weeks pregnant), and Jeannette (9 months pregnant!). Those are virgin pomegranate margaritas.
If you go to Mucho's try the combo platter. You can choose 3 main dishes, and two sides. Make sure that you get at least one main dish with carnitas and one with carne asada. Definitely try the creamed corn as a side dish. Their chips were really good, thick, and I think I tasted cinnamon on them. Great salsa and guac.

No comments: