Saturday, April 16, 2011

Still grateful

I was going to call this post Grateful, but I already used that title, so...
I forget who said this, but it's a good one for us to remind ourselves regularly:
I am too blessed to be stressed.

I know blessings aren't evenly or fairly distributed to every person on this planet, but still, there is always something (and usually many, many things) that we can remind ourselves of to get over the weight of life's stresses and it be able to enjoy the many things that we could be soaking up.

I read an article about a link between people who live into their 100's and people with positive, happy, devil may care attitudes that didn't let life's adversities bring them down. The article wrote about this brother and sister in their 100's and that they had each dealt with their share of struggle and bereavement, but they were upbeat and happy people and that this contributed to their longevity. The younger 105 year old brother still had a job. That's not to say that genetics didn't play a part, both in their rugged physical health, and their ability to be upbeat and happy people. I do feel that the rest of us that don't share their genetics still have the ability to choose to be happier and to try to not allow life's challenges to bum us out.

I look around me, and my family, and we've had our share of rough stuff to deal with in the last few years. I don't write about the majority of it. I feel like everyone has aged recently more than any other time. I think to myself that if X, Y, and Z hadn't happened, everyone would be so much happier. Maybe that's true, maybe it's inaccurate, but bottom line is there is always going to be something that will challenge our happiness and stress us out. So it really does come down to coping and making sure the people around you are coping.

I got a full night's sleep last night and slept in till 10:50 (it was glooooorius!). Maybe that's why I'm feeling so grateful and that I am capable of being the master of my happiness' domain. Still, if I don't get to sleep tonight and don't get to nap tomorrow, I'm going to choose to not be crabby and pissed off

Layla said the entire alphabet today, with just two mistakes. She's also getting a little bit of an attitude. I like that she has attitude, though I'll be eating my words shortly, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Howearning.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.