Layla and I have been sick since Monday night. We haven't gone to work/school since then. Layla's had a fever and has been really unhappy when her ibuprofen wears off, but she's eating fine, no other symptoms so far. I've had full body aches and sore throat, so I imagine she might also. I've noticed some lumps in my neck, which I hope are just because my body is fighting off this bug and not the other thing it could be. Kind of trippin', trying not to think about it. Will call doctor first thing in the morning.
We got cabin fever today after not having been out for two days. So Cary and I bundled Layla up in her warmest clothes, boots, hat, her heavy winter jacket that is good enough for east coasters to wear in the middle of the storm, and an extra blanket for good measure. Put her in her stroller, take a step outside, and it starts sprinkling. Cary and I ducked back into the building, put the rain cover on the stroller, and Layla freaked out from claustrophobia. Either from the clothes, the stroller, the rain cover or all of the above. And that was the end of her outing. Cary was nice enough to take her back upstairs. I ran to the coffee shop with an umbrella in hand and got a Moroccan mint tea latter with a chocolate cupcake. That was the end of my outing. It was much needed though.
Feeling the lump in my neck and freaking out. Cancer is everywhere, it seems. Just found out a sorority sister died at 41 after 4 year battle with breast cancer. 3 kids under 7. Found out a family friend just had a kidney removed. Then found out his son had had cancer already. He's younger than me. All the news about Japan's radioactive plum heading to LA is getting to me. I'm a person of science, and understand that the amount of exposure from the nuclear fall out is less than that of a CT scan. The general panic in the air is contagious, even if you've had your dose of paranoia vaccine.
Layla started saying "thank you" today. She said it in response to me giving her food or crayon, I can't remember already. That's why I'm mentioning it here. I forget so much so quickly. She also says "nummy" when something is tastey, and she also said yipee spontaneously. She did a couple WWF moves on Cary and tried to bring her elbow down on his gut when we were lying in bed. Then stood up and did it over. Mom came over and brought us soup and helped clean up. Layla cried when she left, so I had to distract her so Mom didn't feel so bad about leaving her in mid tears.
I had all this stuff about Layla I wanted to write so I wouldn't forget, and I've already forgotten. Shoot. I've gotten distracted by other things that are either stupid or out of my hands.
Bottom line, if I don't get to be around as long as I want to, I need to make the blog serve as some sort of an insightful communication to Layla. I'm not even sure what to try to communicate at this point. I just hope she grows up to be a better person than I am. I'm tired. Time for bed. Night night.
2 comments:
I hope you two get better soon! :)
That can improves the valuation on is actually, transferring Microsof Office 2010 company improved the possibility recommendations a patents so they can get back this sort of investment--and Milliseconds possesses an superior, unclear forms means. With ease, in addition, the approval consists of Microsoft the next blaster in operation all over to Microsoft Office 2010 employ apparent trouble over Search engines Google's android os personal computer as well as Internet explorer deals. Tag heuer recently long-term sort out a lot of ingredient Office 2010 Download vendors
Post a Comment