Monday, January 4, 2010

Good morning, Sunshine.

I have always enjoyed early mornings this time of year. Even though I wouldn't necessarily need to be awake around 6am, the blood-red sunrise would glow through my Eastern facing bedroom window and wake us up. So I would open the blinds, and Cary and I would sleepily peak out the window from our bed and go back to sleep for another hour. This year, I'm usually already awake at 6am and stay awake the rest of the day thanks to my own little ray of sunshine. Even though I am always exhausted, she makes the wee hours of the morning the most enjoyable ever. It's the time of the day when she is the most excited, happy, verbal, expressive and all around enjoyable.
Layla has turned us both into morning people and we've enjoyed our sunrises so much more since she got here. I still can't believe she's here and that she's mine.

No comments: