Friday, October 16, 2009

August 19

So this is my first attempt at journaling what happen the day before Layla was born till now. We checked into Cedars at 10 am and I got hooked up to the best epidural ever. I wasn't allowed to eat anything except clear liquids and Popsicles which sucked because it would be a full 24 hours before Layla was born and I was so hungry.
I think Mom was more nervous for my epidural than I was. She had a bad experience when delivering me. Poor Papoo!
These are the socks I wore the whole day and when Layla was born. Everyone says to buy white socks to wear during delivery and then throw them away because things get messy. Things never got messy and I thought my socks were too cute and sentimental to throw away. Now they're my favorite socks.
Here is my AWESOME delivery room with a view of the Hollywood Hills, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood sign and surrounding Beverly Hills area. This picture doesn't do it justice. My amazing nurse Kendra hooked me up with this room, which she also delivered her baby in a few years before.
There's mom and Cary trying to see if they can find Mom's house from the delivery room window. I need to go back and read the emails I sent to various friends and relatives because I can't remember much more from that day! How sad, my memory is already fading. I really need to blog more so I can look back on this and have the memories saved to share with Layla some day.

No comments: