Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Grateful

Monday was one of those days that we'll talk about for many years to come. The day started out miraculously. That's the only way I can describe it. We got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time and got a video of the ultrasound. I didn't go to work today and was basking in the the glow of excitement, hope, and happiness. My baby was safe and snug in my belly, jumping around and moving. I've watched the DVD of the ultrasound 11 times already.Mom, Dad, Sher, Jack, and Sheila came over for dinner to watch the video of the little jumping bean. Cary had to work late. He called that he was on his way home, around 10. Then two minutes later he calls to say he just got jumped by 4 guys in a minivan and they took everything he had: his wallet, laptop, checkbook, iPhone, iPod, Bose headset, laptop bag, keys. One of the neighbors near by hear Cary yelling and let Cary use his phone to call me. Cary is fine, we're all very grateful he is OK. I went and picked Cary up after he gave the police a report, and then had the apartment security search our apartment because they had our keys and address. We had our locks changed that night. We slept with the lock, deadbolt, and chain on. I added the chair for good measure. Today was a great day, possible the best day, and I really mean that in every possible sense of the word.

No comments: