I had the choice of sleeping in on Saturday morning, but I decided to hit the ground running on my 35th. The night before Cary took me to Osteria Mozza for a lovely dinner. So so good. I have too much to write about to get into it, but definitely worth a try. We got home around midnight and hit the hay because we had to be up at 5:30 am. Here's a picture out of our bedroom window at sunrise:
Cary had to work all day, so I went with him to downtown LA for a commercial shoot. Here's a shot on our parking garage with the moon in the corner.
I was not fully aware that the shoot was on the 51st floor of one of the tall buildings in downtown LA. Little scary on the way up. Beautiful view once I got over it.
Cary was super busy with the shoot, so after a couple hours of hanging out and watching a couple hilarious takes, I said bye to Cary and took the elevator down 51 floors (yeeesh), alone, and went to the nearest subway station on Fig and 7th.
There was a protest rally at City Hall at 10:30 regarding the passing of prop. 8. I felt it was important to attend and show support for this very important injustice. I campaigned for Obama this year, but I didn't do anything to make sure that prop 8 wouldn't pass. I really felt that it was a no brainer and that California was better than that. I think a lot of people that were against prop 8, didn't think that there are so many ignorant, hateful, bigoted, misinformed people in this state. We were so wrong.
The subway was PACKED. Usually I get on a car, and maybe a couple other people are in it. This car was standing room only. Everyone was carrying protest signs. People of all walks of life. Straight families with their children, gay couples fighting for their rights, and people like me who prop 8 does not effect but can't stand by and watch this nonsense without doing something.
There were a few thousand people there. Police were there to make sure everyone was safe.
This is the group that got off the subway with me crossing the street to get to Spring and 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment