Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Go on, get! - San Antonio

Dad and I drove to San Antonio for the final leg of our Texan adventure. San Antonio has a cute little Riverwalk for tourists to hang out, stroll down and eat on. So after our first full day, we were starving and found this cute and yummy Mexican restaurant, Asencar. We sat right on the edge. I had the Tuna Margarita. Yes, tuna. No, there was no tuna in it, I think it was called tuna because it was a dark pink like tuna meat. And it was delicious.
I got crab tacos and Dad got the slow cooked roasted pork which you can see the mountain of above. It was so amazingly good. I always thought the best Mexican food was in California, but Texas does some damn good Mexican food. MMM!It came with these cute little torta tortillas. I made Dad pose with them. He resisted, but with a little encouragement I can get Dad to do anything. HAHA!Dad didn't care for his dinner very much. Actually, he killed it.
I won't bore everyone with all the work we did there. So I'll skip to our last day. We had a couple hours to kill, so we walked over to the Alamo for a quick tour. Then it was off to the airport.
One thing that struck me at the airport was when a women came up to the counter next to us at American Airlines and asked if she could pay the $35 charge for her son to be able to check his bags in Jacksonville. He was a student with no money on his way home for Thanksgiving, but didn't have the $35 cash to pay for his 2 suitcases. So his mom went to the American Airline counter in San Antonio and was trying to pay for him. I hope things worked out for the family
Dad, I had a great time with you. Love you!

No comments: