Friday, November 21, 2008

Giddiyup

Dad and I headed to Texas for the beginning of our conference tour. First stop Fort Worth. The trip started off good with an upgrade to first class. Here's Dad with his warm nuts: They give you warm nuts when you're ballin'. We took some pictures out of the window. This is somewhere over the southwestern US:We got to Texas and Dad wanted steak. So we headed to The Chop House which was right up the street from our hotel. Fort Worth has a really cute downtown area.We split a surf-n-turf which was a steak with lobster tail. The next day was time to work. Despite the fact that this was the most expensive show we'd been to, and that each of us gave a presentation, it was the most dead of any conference or show we'd been to EVER. Which was pretty disappointing. It was a pretty huge show though. Over 150 exhibitors at least, the conferences I normaly go to have 8-16 exhibitors. But barely any attendees showed up despite 3500 preregistered attendees (wondering if that's true).
Lockheed brought an airplane and flight simulator. Show offs. After two days of minimal contacts with attendees, on the last day we had quite a few people that showed up at our booth wanting information. So that was good. Then it was time to hit the road.
We stopped by Le Madeline for some lunch. I had the croque monsieur and tomato basil pesto soup. Dad had the French onion soup and a roast beef au jus. It was yummy.
I made Dad do this. It took like 5 takes before I got a decent one. He humored me because I hadn't taken enough pictures for a decent post.
And now, off to Austin to visit Kavon.

No comments: