Sunday, October 26, 2008

Feeling Lucky

You know when something happens that you wish hadn't happened, and you replay the event in your head and notice the many possibilities that could have lead to avoiding it from happening?

I think I was able to narrowly avoid something from happening Saturday night.

I went to an art gallery, where a friend of a friend of my parents had some work on display. My Dad still has jet lag. So his nap went a little too long. So they picked me up a little later than they would have. We got to the gallery a little later than we had planned to. Who knows what would have happened had we showed up when we planned to.

On our drive to the art gallery, we kept having to pull over because police and fire trucks with sirens were whizzing by us. So when we get there, all the streets we need to turn onto are blocked by police cars and yellow tape. Finally we get to the gallery and it turns out that a shooting across the street from the art gallery had just ended. Two people were shot, one of which was killed. We would have had to drive right by the shooting to get to the gallery. Had we arrived a little sooner, who knows where the cross fire would have ended up. So scary that I can't even wrap my head around it.

We decided to have dinner far from the scene of the crime. So we went to Amalfi on La Brea. Always good. We were really hungry. Everyone loved their dinner. Cary liked his pumpkin ravioli with braised short rib so much, that this morning he slaughtered a pumpkin and I'm looking up recipes.
There was a movie prop store near where we parked our car.
I couldn't help myself.

No comments: