This week has been filled with political emails between my friends and family, and their friends and family (see the previous post). It's been fun to read everyone's opinions, explanations, frustrations, suggestions, and so on. As it turns out, there are a few people out there with different opinions than mine.
And that's fine.
It also turns out that a few people have been misinformed, and for the most part are OK with that.
Hey, for the most part, what are ya gonna do? It's a free country.
But I'm getting the feeling that between the rumor-believers, the haters, and the people who vote in America on behalf of another country, the U.S. is about to miss out on an opportunity of a life time.
And all of a sudden, I'm going to Nevada to campaign for Obama. Yup, I'm officially an activist (sort of). I've already managed to piss off a few people with my opinions (sorry, Papoo). But I'm getting a grip on that. So at the very least this will be an exercise in compromise and agreeing to disagree with many people.
What I'm really hoping to do is try to GET the facts straight, and SET the facts straight. I know there is a lot of spin out there, and I've been a victim of it too. I was not always for Obama, and it was specifically because of a rumor I believed. So for starters, if you might be a rumor-believer, or an on-the-fencer, check out FactCheck.org. It's a bipartisan fact checking group that is trying to tell it straight.
On October 10th, my friend Jenny and I (and anyone else who wants to join us) will be heading to Nevada and will encourage people to vote for the best candidate for the presidency of the United States of America.
Needless to say, when I put my money down, it will not be on red.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment