Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Wish Trees

After a scoop of bacio and scoop of pistachio yesterday, I walked over to the wish trees that were being displayed in the courtyard in Miller's Alley in Old Town Pasadena. This is an installation by Yoko Ono. We saw some wish trees at the Peggy Guggenheim museum when we were in Venice in May.Each tree had a little step ladder so that kids could tie their wishes on. It was really sweet.

Each table had a little box like this one with pencils and tags to write your own wish on. I wrote one and tied it on, then walked around and read a few others.I wish I could have stayed and read them all, but my parking meter was about to run out. I will go back again tomorrow to make a few more wishes and read a few more wishes.From the website:

Yoko Ono's Wish Tree for Pasadena is an interactive installation at Pasadena One. The Wish Trees will remain there until November 9 when it will join other wishes from around the world at the Imagine Peace Tower on Videy Island, off the coast of Reykjavík, Iceland

No comments: