It's kind of dead for a Saturday afternoon. Not a lot of places are open, and very few people and cars on the street. Our plane was the only one on the runway when we got off the plane, so there was no hassle at immigration or customs thankfully.
The nice man at customs suggested I get a voucher for the taxi instead of paying the driver whatever amount he chooses, because sometimes they like to drive too far and charge too much. Turns out the lady at the tourism counter who sells the vouchers felt my hotel was not too far, and the 20 Euro voucher was probably a little more than the ride would cost. So I put my trust in the taxi driver.
I was relieved when the very nice taxi driver charged me only 8 Euro and got me to my hotel in less than 10 minutes.
So I dropped off my stuff and started wandering. I like it better when Cary's here and does all the navigating and I can just follow him and let him know when I'm getting hungry.
The only things open were two Chinese restaurants and the grocery store.
So I got a yogurt drink at the grocery store. And then I wandered around. It was about as exciting as it sounds.
Here's the corner at the end of the street from my hotel.
Here's some Portuguese graffiti. I was too tired and not hungry enough to look for a place to eat. So I went back to the hotel and passed out cold.
I do want to send a big special thanks to Ma and Pa for upgrading my flight from LA to London. I got to ride in business class and was able to recline my seat all the way back to sleeping postion, had steak for dinner, a chocolate blackberry sundae for dessert, choice of several wines, omelet breakfast, real silverware and beverages were served in glass not plastic. I was pretty juiced with just the warm nuts and hot towel.
I'm on standby for an upgrade for my flight from London to LA. It would totally suck to go back to coach after knowing what its like just a few rows up.
No comments:
Post a Comment