...is my mom. She takes care of
Mamanjoon so well. Here's mom putting lipstick on
Mamanjoon before we leave to go shopping.
Mamanjoon gets around OK, but she can't do the most simple things, like put on lipstick, or her stockings, go to the bathroom when she needs to. She just sort of gets confused and so we try to keep her mind off her confusion. But hand her a
tombak and she rocks it man. Its kind of crazy.
Saturday we took her shopping because her birthday is Wednesday. Mom had already bought her 2 dresses, but wanted to get a couple more things for her. So while we were out, there were a lot of little kids everywhere. She
loooves kids. We have to watch her when she's around kids.
Mamanjoon can't help herself, and always
squeals and walks towards the kids with arms stretched out so she can touch them or hug them,
ghorboon saligheing (a Persian term of endearment). We have to be careful that she doesn't get too close because she doesn't realize that she shouldn't always do that. This one little kid walked by her and she says in
Persian, "Come here honey, give me a kiss". It turns out that the kid was Persian and responds back, "
nemikham !(I don't want to)." It was really funny because we didn't expect the kid to say anything, much less in
Persian.
Love you mom. I hope I can take care of you till you're 110. I hope someone can take care of me at that point too...
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing this, its so wonderful how the generations in your family look out for each other. We dont have that as much in our family...that is so cute about your grandma, and its so nice that she finds happiness in her day to day life, even if it means scaring little kids to get a kiss..maybe that is one of the blessing of getting elderly, you forget your troubles and just focus on well, the cute little tot you want to kiss. (:
I have a 96 yr old grandma, and she likes to talk on the phone she can go on and on, but I let her because I realize maybe next year i won't have that anymore. (:
Tara, your grandmother's lucky to have you to chat with.
Post a Comment