Our first full day in Rome turned out to be a bank holiday. Since the day before was a Sunday, followed by a bank holiday, we felt like we didn't get a proper feel for Rome during our first 2 days since so many things were closed. Which was fine, because we explored Rome at a milder pace since our options were limited.
Even with all of the stores closed, Via Condotti was packed. You can see it behind me, I'm at the top of the Spanish Steps. The streets are packed.


This guys was roasting chestnuts, which seemed a little random considering its June. But they smelled good, so we got a cone full. They were alright. A little dry. But we had to try them.

We were kind of on a munchie tour. I have this problem were I get hungry every hour. So we stopped at this random pizza joint and got this caprice pizza. IT WAS SO GOOD! I believe it was on Via del Corso, and it looks like the street number is 73.


I liked this Italian propaganda against nuclear energie. No grazie!

My favorite. Perpendicular parking. I want a Smart Car. They're so cute.

This was on Via del Governo Vecchio. One of my favorite street/alleys in Rome. The pages posted on this thousand-year-old statue were like want adds and apartment vacancies.

Here's a shot of the poster shop on Via del Governo Vecchio. We bought a few Italian posters of American movies. I'll post on that later.

Then we sat and had a wine and proseco at Mimi e Coco. When you order a drink, you get all these goodies with it. The little round crackers were so good, so we bought a bag of it at the deli. What's weird is the Lays style potato chips. Everyone served them. They're not better tasting in Italy. Its so weird.

So then we wondered over to the Piazza Navona. There was a lot of fuss going on, so we wondered over and saw this:

Since the World Food Summit was going on the next day at Rome, there were a lot of foreign representatives in town. We never found out who all the fuss was about, but a few people were wearing Argentinian flag pins on their tie.

The we wondered over to the Trevi Fountain again. That place is ALWAYS packed. I threw some more coins in so that other people I love will come back to Rome one day.

We went back to the hotel to clean up before dinner and found this on our bed in the hotel. It was a little creepy. The cleaning lady must have found this and decided to splay it out on the bed all romantic style. But it was just creepy man. She touched my stuff. Weird.

The hotel recommended we try this family restaurant called Da Vincenza. It was gooood. I got the cannelloni with meat sauce, above.

Cary got the linguine with lobster. So so good.
We ordered this bottle of Primitivo. It was so good that we ordered a case when we got home. It doesn't taste exactly the same as we remembered it in Rome, but its very enjoyable if you let it breath for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment