Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy Sunday

Sunday was hectic. I spent at least 2 1/2 hours driving around the Southbay and back and used a quarter of a tank of gas and was so tired afterwards. But still, it was worth.

I started at my Ameh Nazilla's house so that I could watch Mamanjoon while Ameh Nazilla prepared for delivery people to come. Mamanjoon is OK overall, but she gets so confused about the most basic things. She has little concept of time, she doesn't always recognize people in photographs correctly, she gets fired up over things that she's made up. Like when we were unpacking an armoir, she went off about how the wood was such high quality, how dare Ameh Nazilla try to sell this wood. But she wasn't selling it, she was moving it to another room and even though this was repeated over and over, Mamanjoon insisted that it would be sold despite her insistence that it not be sold. She'll have the same questions or conversation over and over and not know that she's is. She's not getting better, but on the same token, I don't think she's gotten much worst recently. And I'm grateful for that.
After this, I drove to El Segundo. Cary and I met up with Ron and Judy at the Salt Creek Grille for dinner. We ran into an old friend who was playing guitar at the bar. Here's a picture with Paul and Judy. And the Ruby family, minus Scott. Then I swung by Megan's for a quick visit with Ashley. She is just so creamy and delicious.

Afterwards I rushed over to see my parents. My Dad left for a trip to DC today and I won't see him before I leave for Italy.

I'm excited, nervous, excited, anxious, and excited all at the same time. I hope we've prepared properly for our tour. 6 cities in 15 days is no joke. These are only some of the books that we've racked up.

No comments: