Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LYATT: First Full Day in Paris

So I'm going to start a new thing called "Last Year At This Time" (LYATT). It will feature, um, hmmm, pictures from Last Year At This Time.

April 29, 2007

Cary and my first full day in Paris. These are things we saw:
Zoolbia! I couldn't believe a stack of zoolbia was sitting out in the open. In LA, you have to know where to go to get zoolbia, its not displayed in the window of a pastry shop on a high foot-traffic area. I kept an eye out for bamieh, but no luck.
We were walking along the river from St. Germaine going west and it got really quiet and the street was suddenly empty. We were so jet-lagged that it didn't phase us. But then suddenly, boom! Hundreds, if not a few thousand, of euro bladers came exploding down the street. I've never seen such a mass of bladers like this in my life. I never found out if it was a marathon, or a Saturday morning Parisian thing, but it was fun.
Toward the end of the day, my dogs were barking from walking all the way from St. Germaine to the near end of Champs-Elysees. Plus I was a little hangry. But when I saw the office for Iran Air, I perked up. Between national airline of my motherland and the zoolbia, I felt like I belonged.

No comments: