Monday, March 24, 2008

Nowruz Party

Saturday night Vicky picked me up and we went to our friend Parima's house for a Nowruz celebration. Her wonderful family throws an amazing Nowruz party every year. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was so busy talking and eating and enjoying myself, that I only have pictures of the sofre ye haft seen, and regretfully have no pictures of Parima, her sweet family or most ofour friends.

The only picture with a person, is of Vicky while she's taking a picture of the sofre, funny enough.

I'm really kicking myself for not taking pictures of the food too. Koreshteh fesenjoon, ghaemeh, ghormeh sabzee, koko sabzee, sabzee polo, really good white fish, kabob, and ash. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. The food itself is the reason why I didn't take pictures of the food, once I started eating, I forgot about my camera. Plus I didn't want to embarrass myself (or Parima) by taking pictures of the food with everyone there and trying to eat. I know how annoying that can get (according to Cary). But I did get to take home some food which was just as delicious on Sunday as it was on Saturday.

No comments: