I decided to put the local police department's phone number in my mobile, just in case. You shouldn't call 911 for every semi-emergency issue, it will keep the line busy for more important calls. So I went to the LAPD's website and just started wandering around. Its really interesting. You can find out about local happenings that you might not hear or read about on the news.
I was most effected by the missing person's link. I can't believe how many local missing adults there are. I've never heard of any of these people or seen them on the news. Some are missing as long as 10 years, and one has been missing since 1961. I've never known a missing person and hope I never ever have to go through that or watch someone else go through it.
Bezan beh takhteh (knock on wood).
By the way, if you want to get informed, go to http://www.lapdonline.org/get_informed
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment