These are some of the other random pics I took on our walk through the Farmer's Market while on our walk back home:
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Breakfast at the Farmer's Market
I love the Farmer's Market at the Grove. It really is one of my favorite places on earth. Cary and I went for breakfast this morning. We got there pretty early and ordered a cafe de olla (cinnamon coffee) at Loteria. If you don't get there early enough, they run out. It's the best way to start your morning breakfast. We also got a crepe and a waffle at The French Crepe Company. Then we wandered around and went home so Cary could get to the UCLA game in time. Here are some pictures...
Their waffles are so light and crispy all the way through, with a slight bit of creaminess in the middle.
We got lucky and there was no line when we got there. The second after we ordered, there were 10 people in line to order. The one bad thing was that I got my waffle 5 minutes before Cary got his crepe. This is what happens when you wait too long (and I was eating really slow):
I smathered mine with Nutella and raspberry preserve. I was a little turned off because I got a waffle and a side of Nutella and a side of preserves, I had imagined something along the lines of the strawberry waffle's presentation above. But after the first bite I was totally over it. The sweet Nutella and tart raspberry were perfect with the crispy waffle. Way too much carbs and sugar for this early in the morning. I was sluggish afterwards. Whatever, its Saturday.
These are some of the other random pics I took on our walk through the Farmer's Market while on our walk back home:


These are some of the other random pics I took on our walk through the Farmer's Market while on our walk back home:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment