We also tried a recipe for a steamed calamari salad. One large pot with a quart or so of water, a couple of fresh bay leaves, peel of 2 lemons, season water, put a colander in the water with the calamari, give a few minutes to steam, use tongs to stir it up so it doesn't get overcooked.
Cary likes his tongs:
Isn't Christine glowing?! It might be because of the delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cup brownies or the smoked salmon dip she made. Or maybe its something else, hmmm.....
You'll notice the lobster steamer on the left in the picture above and below. We used that for the shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Filled the bottom chamber with 2 Buck Chuck chardonay and some onion slices, garlic cloves, sliced lemons, season the water, let it boil, drop the corn and potatos in for 20 minutes, then throw the shrimp in till they turn pink. Sprinkle with some Old Bay. Deeelicious.
I forgot to take pictures of the Asian slaw with pear and avocado that Cary made. I also have no pictures of the Reese's Peanut Butter cup brownies and smoked salmon dip that Christine made. Sorry guys! Next time I will put someone on picture duty to get all of the details.
Part 2 and Part 3 will be pictures of friends that I will try to post Monday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment